What are the judges looking for?See the general guidelines for an indication of what is required. More useful information may be found at the website for the American Statistical Association's Poster and Project Competition.
The posters will be judged based on three criteria, each equally weighted:
A. Planning and Data Collection
- Does the poster clearly and concisely state the objective and research question?
- Arethere clear statements of what data has been collected, and how?
- Is the collected data appropriate for answering the research question?
- Is the research question creative, original and interesting?
- Are the graphs/statistics appropriate for displaying and summarizing the data?
- Is the analysis appropriate?
- Are the conclusions clear, correct and appropriate?
- Is the repitition of the experiment to measure variation suitably acknowledged?
- Has the experiment been repeated enough times to give accurate conclusions?
- In the discussion, are suggested improvements given?
- Is the poster easily readable from 2 metres away?
- Is the spelling and grammar correct and appropriate?
- Is the language clear, concise and error free?
- Is the poster clearly and logically set out?
- Is the design creative and original?